Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Day Before and The Last Supper...

So. I leave for Italy tomorrow :o It's pretty intense, I'm super excited but I'm kinda flippin out....it's all just starting to hit me now.  I just spent last night with a couple of friends and tonight I am chillin with my family.  My mom has been slaving in the kitchen all day preparing perogies and peach-mango pie for my "Last Supper" It's going to be delicious!  I basically can't wait for supper.
Anyways.  Back on topic.  It didn't dawn on me that I'm actually leaving for a year until this morning when I said my final goodbyes to my friends, including my best friend Sara.  That's when I realized, "OMG! I'm actually leaving for a year!" It made me sad, but at the same time it's going to be soooo cool!
I'm getting really anxious about flying.  Ever since I watched Final Destination....I always think the plane's goin' down!  It most likely won't I'm sure.  Although, with my luck..... ANYWAYS! I'm so excited to meet my family.  I think thats one of the things I'm looking forward to the most.  I have chatted with my host mom mostly, and I talked to Emanuela (Manu for short), the youngest daughter who is 17 once or twice.  They seem so nice and I think I'm going to enjoy myself with them.  So I'm looking forward to that, and, well, the food.  Obviously.  And I mean, just the fact that I'm going to Italy is probably pretty cool, I would assume.  You know, considering the fact that it's Italy.
And so, I'm going to go now because there is much to be done before my departure at 7:30 a.m.
I will soon have many more stories to tell I'm sure!
Cheers,
-Mikeala

No comments:

Post a Comment