Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Second Day in Botricello

So today is my second day with my host family and things are pretty swell.  I am getting along with everyone awesomely considering there is a small language barrier.  School was better today.  I got things sorted out and I stay with Emanuela (one of my host sisters) all day in her class.  School is very different here.  You stay in one classroom all day with the same kids and the teachers rotate instead.  Anyways today was better.  I met two of Emanuela's friends. One girl and one boy.  I can't remember their names exactly, I'll have to ask again tomorrow, but they're very nice.  All I did for schoolwork was doodle because I had no idea what the teachers were saying.  Sometimes one would talk to me and I would just end up sitting there like a complete idiot.  Luckily I had Emanuela to translate fewf!
People are crazy drivers here!  They don't stop for you and they just honk at everything and they drive super fast.  It's scary!!!  Everything is so different, but it's super cool.
The food is amazing as I'm sure I've said.  Today for lunch I had pasta and it was sooo good!  And last night dinner was delicious.  We had some sort of potato dish along with meat and bread and a bowl of cucumbers and tomatoes with basil and olive oil it was amazing!
I'm still pretty tired but not too bad.  I think the heat makes it worse.
Anywhooo I should be off I think!
Ciao!
-Mik

1 comment:

  1. Mikeala!! I am soo jelous you have no idea! Take lots of pics cause I'm thinking I might just have to travel there some day! xoxo glad to hear everything is going great:)- Claire

    ReplyDelete