Monday, September 20, 2010

A Foot Killer Night, A Morning Mix-Up, A Lazy Hazy Day, And....School

Part I - A Foot Killer Night
Saturday night, Emanuela and I left Botricello and took a train to Catanzaro Lido.  This is also the city where I go to school.  But tonight, we went for dinner.  With Emanuela's boyfriend.
Now, you must understand that in Italy, when you go out, you go out in style.  Especially when you're meeting people, and ESPECIALLY when those people are boys.  So.  Tonight's outfits were (well, for me anyways) quite stylish.  I felt pretty fancy....and freakishly tall.  Emanuela lent me a blue strapless dress/long shirt thingy and you wear a belt around the middle just under....your chest.  Anyways I wore that accompanied by leggings and some fancy accessories (also Emanuela's), straight hair......and high heels.  Oh God. So I looked very nice (I don't have pictures I'M SORRY).  My stylish look had basically been created by Emanuela so..thanks!!  Because me, being a completely unladylike bush child has no sense of style.  Emanuela wore a more simple get-up but it still looked super nice, especially when she put on her shoes.  
Of course, we were late, so I ended up trying to put on mascara on the train.  Which, by the way took several tries.
When we arrived in Catanzaro we met up with Stefano (Emanuela's boyfriend) and we WALKED to the sandwich place where we had a rather awesomely yummy panini for supper.  Although, sometimes I felt like a third wheel when we we were walking or even at the dinner table when Emanuela and her boyfriend started getting cozy.  And by the end of the night my feet were so sore I thought I'd never walk again and I was exhausted.  But it was pretty good.  Catanzaro is beautiful, it's right beside the Mediterranean. No.  I did not get pictures.  But I have HOW LONG to take some?  Yeah.  So I will Mom.  Don't worry.

Part II - The Morning Mix-up...
so.  Sunday morning I wake up, of course the whole week I have been confused about what day it was, since all of the days blurred together.  And so, as I said, I woke up Sunday morning, thinking that it was Saturday.  And today, I had to go to school.  So I get up and do my hair in a lovely fashion and put on a fresher face and choose my clothes carefully while skillfully changing my earrings.  At 6:45 I step out of my room to go and have breakfast, only to find a completely....empty.....kitchen.  My eyes widen, and I turn around and walk quickly back into my room, a sliver of doubt creeping into my mind.  I check my calendar.  ARGH! It's Sunday genius.  After rolling my eyes accompanied by an exasperated sigh and a bunch of muttering all containing the words "stupid idiot," I then put my pj's back on and pull my hair up and wash my face, and crawl back into bed where I then proceed to sleep until 11:00 in the morning.

Part III - A Lazy Hazy Day
Sunday, we did nothing, except eat wonderful food, and sleep some more.  The only way to beat the heat!!

Part VI - School...
Ah, so today we went back to school!  A barrel of fun (sarcasmmmmmmmmm).  Nah it's not that bad.  I like listening to the language and I can now pick up little bits. Strangely enough I think math is my best subject so far (which is not a good sign...) because it's a pretty universal thing.  It's grade 12 math, but I did all that stuff in grade 11...I'm pretty sure.  It seems similar at least.  But they write their equations and formulas differently so sometimes it's hard to tell.
Today wasn't as hot.  I didn't feel like I was in a steam room with my face in a hairdryer.  Today was tolerable.  Until we got on the bus to go home anyways.  But yeah, back to class.
During Philosophy (I think it was philosophy) I went and sat beside Emanuela (normally she sits with her best friend and I sit behind her next to a dude named Kevin.  He's pretty nice but we don't say anything to each other except raise our eyebrows as if to say "this class sucks."  That's all we are able to communicate).  And the whole time all we did was draw things on our hands.  I made my hand look like an elephant and I was walking it around the table.  I named him Edgar.  Emanuela made a face on her hand and when she moved her thumb it looked like it was talking.  And that was Philosophy!
The rest of my day was listening to gibberish :)
And I just finished a Nutella sandwich. YUMMMMMMM

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAH its edgar the walking hand elephant! hahaah yes! thats sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My feet hurt just thinking of walking in heels! Quit a change from Mukluks(spelling?) eh? haha
    Glad you have been so wonderfully embraced by your host sister! This is a whole new world for you, having "sisters" that is. Can't wait to see photos of this new diva Mikeala all dressed to the nines! Your cousin Lexi would be proud. She and her gal pals get quite spiffed up for their nights on the town. Going to class....quite anither story! ha I doubt if she even puts on makeup for that! Take care sweet neice. Love Auntie Tami xxxx(on the cheeks)

    ReplyDelete