Wednesday, October 13, 2010

WHYYYYYYY?!

So, as of Sunday I have been fully recovered from my illness. And as of yesterday, I have now acquired an incredible rash that is covering my entire body including the palms of my hands, the bottoms of my feet, as well as my face and my ears (as well as everywhere else). So I look like something that should be locked up. And I am in extreme discomfort. It hurts to walk because it's on my feet and my hands itch like crazy. I just wish I could die. Or maybe come home where I will be normal again. I'm sooo angry and upset and...frustrated (as usual). And to top all these wonderful things off, I was supposed to leave for Naples tomorrow morning for 4 days. But Antonella says that if it's not better by tomorrow I CAN'T GO! So...bye-bye Naples. Because this is not getting better any time soon. In fact, after my baking soda bath, it looks worse. WONDERFUL. I am having so much fun. I love being red and blotchy and disgusting. Really it's great you should try it. Ok I'm going to maybe go to bed now. Except it's close to lunch so I'm not sure if I should. Probably not. Siiiigh.
I went to the doctor's office today with Antonella. And from the moment I walked in, I smelled cigarettes, but I thought maybe it was coming in through the open window. Nope. After he examined me he sat back down in his chair and lit up a ciggy. Wow. Ironyyyyyyyyyy. I thought people only did that "back in the day" sort of thing you know? But yeah, thought I would mention that. He said the rash was from stress. HAH! A rash like this...from SRESS?! I don;t think so. If this is from stress, I would've had this an awfully long time ago a-thank you. AAAAAAAH! WHYYYYYYY?!

2 comments:

  1. Mik, I had a sudden, all over the body kind of rash once and it was an allergic reaction to an antibiotic that I had been prescribed. Did the doctor (cough, cough, hack, hack) consider that possibility? I'm assuming that you perhaps had some medicine for your terrible throat. Just a thought.

    I sure hope you get to go to Napoli. Was a tour of Pompeii part of the plan?

    Take care, get well, and try to roll with the punches; or, to use another old but true platitude, be a willow, not an oak. After all, you've the build for it!

    Love and miss you,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not missing much in Naples, at least as far as my family saw. Dirty, big city with lots of trash piled in the streets. Pompeii was sweet though so I hope you get to see it. And I REALLY REALLY hope you feel better cuz so you can have fun and make the most of it over there in Italy!!!

    ReplyDelete