Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Days Of Good Food And Lots Of It

So, on Sundays, we eat a rather large lunch. I'm not sure if I have already mentioned that but in case I didn't, I'm telling you now.
This Sunday I woke up around 10:30 and was out of my room closer to 11:00. I have no idea why I'm still just so, utterly and absolutely exhausted, but I am. Anyways so I go into the kitchen where I eat a small bowl of Special K Red Berries (which is actually pretty yummy in a weird sort of way). Normally, on any other day, I would probably have 2 large bowls of cereal and possibly something else, just because of the fact that I won't eat again for another 6 flippin hours. However, today I would be eating within the next hour or two, and it was going to be big.
So, the moment arrived where we all sit down to eat a very huge lunch. And today's lunch was so grand and so yummy that we invited "Nono (Manu's grandpa...Antonio's father. He lives above the store too but downstairs from us)" to come up and eat with us.
Once we were all seated and ready, Antonella put down plates with a heap of steaming lasagna down in front of us, accompanied by these lumpy looking things which was really cheese and some green things deep fried in batter (deeeeeeeeelish), bread, and home made potato fries and sausage with rosemary. And then for desert was an exquisite selection of pastries (not home made though...who would have time to do all THAT in the morning?!). I thought I was going to explode I kept getting offered more delicious things and I had to try it all....I felt like that really huge guy off of Monty Python "The Meaning Of Life" where he eats like...everything and the waiter is trying to get him to eat just a tiny bit more (I was not offered a "wafer thin mint" though), until he does...and then he explodes. I almost died.
After Emanuela and I finished hanging laundry, we went to her room where we chilled and watched TV for hours, just laying in bed. But it really didn't feel that long. I think it was because I fell asleep. And then Emanuela leaves for a moment and comes back with a Nutella sandwich for each of us, and we munch happily while watching a bat rip the head off of a really disgusting looking spider. And shortly after we went upstairs and had a couple hot dogs and cleaned up some leftovers in the fridge for supper, and I retired to the shower, and Manu went to bed. I was still full from lunch.
Monday morning I woke up super hungry, even though I had two bowls of cereal called Kellogg's Nice Morning. I even brought a snack with me to school and after I ate that I was still hungry. When we returned home from school I scarfed down my lasagna so fast I practically inhaled not only my meal, but the plate as well. I think Emanuela felt the same way because a while later, we decided to go and make pancakes, so we did. It was quite fun, And the pancakes were good. Not quite as good as Canadian pancakes but they were good enough for me!








Sorry some of them are sideways

And THEN after pancakes, Antonella came home and made dinner which was left over sausage and fries, as well as bread,  prosciutto, and tomatoes in olive oil and oregano. I was soooo full.
And then to top things off Emanuela painted my nails blue and stuck little flowers on them so whenever I go to type something I freak myself out.

I realized that lasagna here seems like turkey dinners at home. Because you eat it everyday for what seems like ever, after the big day. Because we had lasagna again for lunch today. Which is fine with me!!

And now I'm sitting here, it's about 4:20 pm with my blue nails hammering away on the keyboard busy with blogging and answering emails and looking up suggested songs from Antonio and loading pictures. AAAAAAGH! Oh and Emanuela just got home I think from her math lesson. I'll have to check.
Anyhow I suppose I will say goodbye for the time being!
Cheers,
-Mikeala

2 comments:

  1. The scene, an upscale restaurant. An absolutely enormous man lumbers in. Fish in a tank to other fish," Oh sh*t, it's Mr. Creosote!" Ginormous meal consumed by pacadermic patron and waiter approaches, "And finally Monsieur, a waffer think mint?!" Man curses, but consumes the mint. Much rumbling and then, the explosion! haha Classic Python...gotta love it.

    Glad to hear that your appetite is not suffering! It would be a shame to miss all of that wonderful food! Hope the throat is feeling better. Maybe when it cools off you will feel less tired. That always makes me feel more energetic!

    Take care xoxo Auntie Tami

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't eat the mint!!!! Ha Ha
    It's a good thing I'm not there, I'd be as big as Mr. Creosote.
    Love the pictures. You guys look so professional in your aprons.
    What kind of music is Antonio suggesting? Sorry that the tunes that I tried to load for you didn't work. I won't give up yet. Lots of classic stuff to send you. Perhaps I'll just put it on a stick and mail it to you.
    ciao bella

    ReplyDelete