Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Goodbye Misery, Hello Sunshine

And so another small portion of school was still left over for me when I came back from Venice, unfortunately. But let's thank the fact that at least it was only a small portion of about two more weeks. So the days dragged on, sitting in a dark, stifling classroom, watching the beautiful sun shining outside, as it was unbearable to even glance at the sparse white walls marked with shoe prints and graffiti...and the occasional hole from someone kicking the poorly built door barely hanging in there. The hallways smelled of bathroom. Because something went wrong in the wonderfully disgusting bathrooms, but no one bothered to fix it for a while, better to let it ferment a bit first, and just close up the bathroom on that floor. Ah yes! Way to get things done. Anyways the days went by murderously slow, and chaos was everywhere as students, come spring, decide they don't need to listen to teachers anymore. Havoc was brought into the hallways of the pink prison - I mean..school. Luckily, I got to leave school three days earlier than when everything was actually finished, because I had to go to an island off of Naples called Ischia for a camp with AFS. But that's another story. On my last day of school I managed to snap a few photos...so you get the idea of the place.
May I introduce...La Doria



:/

Alessia

Up and about

In the chaos, there is love

Sara, me, Alessia, Giuseppe, Vanessa

Waitin' for the teacher

My desk

Kyriam's desk

Yay Canada

Foreign powers..unite!

...Giuseppe..

 La Giarmoleo
math teacher

The team

So that was my last day at school. I gave out some of the BILLIONS of Canadian pins that mom sent with me -.- and yeah. You know that I only said goodbye to two teachers there? Two. The others...I didn't say a word. You may all be thinking "Hmm that's not good Mick you should've said goodbye. You'll regret it later." Maybe you'd be right, if it were a different situation. I could've said bye if I wanted to, but I didn't. I didn't care. After being told I was insufficient, treated like I was stupid, being constantly "controlled," and even had lies spread to fellow colleague teachers, all the ignorance and stupid comments, being yelled at just because...why should I say goodbye? Why should I have to care when they clearly didn't? So no. I did not say goodbye. And I do not regret it. I won't see them ever again, but they were far from being people who made an impact on my life here...in the sense that they were important to me and I'd miss them when I came home. I'm not sorry and neither are they. So we'll just leave it at that. I was finally free of that place that had caused so many problems in the past, and I was finally let out into the sunshine to enjoy my last days spent here. Goodbye misery, hello sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment