Saturday, February 19, 2011

Valentine's Day = World's Dumbest Celebration...And Other Random Things

Let's start with Valentine's Day. Why is there a Valentine's Day? Everything in the stores and markets suddenly turn pink and red....overflowing with cheap stuffed animals holding hearts saying various mushy things...or sometimes even dirty things. Then you get cheesey dumb stuff too...like pillows in the shape of hearts or ridiculous looking slippers...rubber boobs...various card games involving very nasty actions...and let's not forget the pink fluffy handcuffs anyone.
And then you see couples walking around and sucking face in the corner while hands are wandering shamelessly up each other's shirts, and the single people mope, and are constantly looking around...as if expecting the love of their life to suddenly appear. And then as this mushy, gooey, cheesey day draws nearer...you see both girls and boys running around, panicking about what to get their loved one for Valentine's Day present. And you see them coming back out, most of the time empty handed..but if not, they come out with some of the dumbest things they could've picked. I can't say a cheap pillow that says "I love you" on it is really a very good way to show your love. Handcuffs....well depends. I'm not going to get into that subject. I know some people like all that stuff. And that's fine. Whatever floats your boat. To be honest....I'm not a romantic (I know you're all shocked right?). I'm quite simple in this respect you might say. I'm content with something small. If it has a meaning then fine. I find the smallest gestures are the ones that count the most. And if there's nothing...I'm absolutely content with that too. I don't need gifts to know that someone loves me. Although it's not a bad thing to be given things ;) And if someone decides to make a grand move that's totally overly-romantic and unnecessary, I may get a little embarrassed, and tell them I'll kill them...but deep down I appreciate it very much...and after my embarrassment has faded and I'm done considering turning invisible...I'll tell you that it meant a lot to me. But seriously....Valentine's Day is dumb. The only good thing about it is the all the chocolate.

Speaking of Valentine's Day...I recently discovered a poem that I liked very much that has to do with love...kinda.
Roses are blue,
Violets are red,
I may not be good with colours,
But I sure am good in bed!!!

Isn't that great?! I laughed quite a lot at it.

Now...exactly a day before Valentine's Day...the family all loaded in the car and we went to Cosenza to see Doriana at her university. It's a cute place....there's not much to say....it's just...cute. We had a good meal with Dory...and then we all went to the shopping mall for a little bit and took a look around...there wasn't really much there. And then we said good-by and left.
After that Manu and I stayed in Lido and we went to Kevin's house with Nora and Gregorio and Diego. His parents are super sweet. Had a good chat with his dad...he seemed to like it when I ate lots of food because he kept insisting that I have another piece of pizza, or another crepe with a cream, mushroom ham sauce, or another crepe with nutella, or a bowl of fruit and whipped cream...or more peanuts. I was stuffed by the end of that one. But it was a nice time.

By the way..I have recently fulfilled a dream of mine (well..apart from going to Italy ahha).......yes....I now am a proud owner of a pair of Ray Bans...Wayfarer Limited Edition, Rare Prints. They. Are. Stupendous.
They're my new babies. And they came with a nice lil' red case...AND a box. Ooooooooh.
They're purple...and on the inside they're flowery. They were the ones I had envisioned in my dreams. Not even kidding. So...of course...I saw them there....and I stared at them...then I wiped the drool off my face and I reached a tentative hand towards them...and I pulled them carefully off the shelf...and put them on. Bam! Instant connection. They're my soul glasses.
Now I'm sounding like a freak. I may be over-exaggerating a little bit. But anyways. I love them. And they're awesome.

So tonight we're going out...I should go get ready very soon I think...I have nothing to wear...and unfortunately in the evening it's too cold to go out naked....and I'm pretty sure that's been socially unacceptable since the Caveman era...so I guess I'm going to have to go find something to put on.
Cheers for now!!
-Mikeala Mikalina

P.S. I have recently been taught a new word....MAMMATA! Great word. Kinda rude though. Don't go around randomly saying it to everyone..I already learned that lesson. Why is it I'm always told AFTER the fact?

2 comments:

  1. OMG Mik, you are so much like your father is scares me.
    Nice about the raybans.

    ReplyDelete