Monday, February 7, 2011

Another List And Daily Doldrums

So. I have been mentally making a list of all these strange words that I hear very frequently in phrases and so on when people around me or talking. These strange words I have yet to find a meaning for...or kind of have it figured out but not really. The list has been getting kind of long...so I thought I'd finally write it down:
*Note - some of these words are supposed to have accents on them but I'm too lazy to try and press a million keys for one letter with an accent. So just pretend they're there ok?

- gia
-dovrei
-dovrebbe
(those are verb conjugations of "to have to" but i just don't know which ones)
-invece
-magari
-ovunque
-tranne
-cio' (or something like that)
-chiunque
-qualsiasi

Anyways that's really all I can think of for now. But if there's more I'll be sure to let you know.
Now. You're asking..."Ummmm dude why doesn't she just use a translator?" riiiiiiight?? Yeah well newsflash. Babel Fish, Free Online Translation, Google Translate, and alllll those other translators out there, in case you haven't already figured out, they're quite unreliable. Try feeding the translation you just got back through, and it comes up with a completely different thing. Most of the time. So there you go.

As for every day news. Not much. Went to another 18th birthday party. It was in a hotel. A very nice party. Very fancy. Good food. The wine was...ok... Annd yeah. It was a good time. I had been thinking of not going but I'm glad I did now. Other than that nothing has really been going on. My moods are up and down. For example. Yesterday I was in a very good mood for absolutely no reason. And today I felt a little like poo. Maybe it's because I was at school today. I don't know. All I know, is that I feel like a stupid fool in every single class except english. And that's it. I have no clue about math. Let's face it. I'm a failure when it comes to mathematics in any part of the world. And science...well luckily the only science I get to do is stuff I've already studied like...two years ago. But there's still a problem. The teacher will ask me to explain...and it's like...I know....but I can't tell you. I may be able to carry out some conversation now, but when it comes to science talk???? Nothing. So, again, I feel extremely stupid. Especially when I'm in a class full of kids as old or younger than me -.-
Thennn there's french class.The teacher is messed and extremely grumpy and, I'm sorry to say, she can be an extreme cow (actually I'm not very sorry to say...because she's mean and weird and is angry all the time for no reason and picks favourites). Anyways. The stuff I do in French class, I have also studied at home. Buuuut I no longer remember any sort of french whatsoever, because I'm now learning Italian. And whenever I try to speak or write in french, I always just end up using Italian, because that's what comes into my head. It's extremely frustrating. Because, to everyone else, I look like some stupid kid whose scholastic levels are obviously a lot lower than theirs. Which it is in math...more or less. They kind of go a whole other direction with that stuff. Anyways. As I was saying. The truth is....that's not true. I just, number 1, can't express myself in school crap very well in Italian, and 2, maybe I just forget. The problem with me and school is this: Once I've learned something in school and got it out of the way, I erase it. Just like how you throw out all your old notes. I also do that in my head. I wipe it completely clean. Like math. Because, at home, I'm basically finished math. As well as French, because I started taking Spanish instead. Science, I distantly remember. Anyways. There you go. So...Mom...sorry if my report card makes me look like I have the IQ of a rock this year.
But yeah. So that's about all that's happening at the moment I guess. I need to get a lot of stuff......but yeah. Alright. I should go have a shower. Because my hair smells like cigarette smoke from all the teenage smokers at school smoking everywhere around me all the time. It's really very gross. I'm going to start wearing a gas mask or something with a filter so I can breathe.
Anyways. Ciao for now,
-Mikeala

3 comments:

  1. - gia = already
    -dovrei = you should/need to
    -invece = instead
    -tranne = pretty sure it's "between"

    Your not alone...i'm gonna go home with the IQ of a rock to hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. ask luke giacomo londero (pedro)! hahah he lived in italy for a year so he might know! if you dont know him i could ask for you. good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So hopefully this will make you laugh (if you are in one of those poo-ish moods)...
    As I was reading this blog, I kept losing focus because of my sister, who I could hear farting in the bathroom and laughing her head off each time she did it. Just thought i would share that. Nighty night. :D

    ReplyDelete