Saturday, December 18, 2010

The Past Few Days

So....not a lot has happened for a while now I suppose...Manu and I are grounded for a while because we stayed out to long one time...so we've just been chillin at the house migrating from T.V. to T.V. and occasionally to the computer and also bed, and the kitchen of course. Nothing really exciting. Although there's some good news...we got to go out tonight for a while which was good. And Aldo is coming out of the hospital on Monday! Manu almost peed herself when she told me she was so excited.
So if you're wondering what we did tonight, well Manu and I went out and met up with Flavio, Francesco, Alessandro, Antonio, Sebastian, and some other guy and we went out for pizza and just wandered around Botricello. Doesn't sound like much but it was fun and we had a good time it was nice to go out and not have to get all fancy or do something wild and crazy but we also didn't just stand around and do nothing. So yeah it was good.
I've made getting back into shape a new space on the top of my priorities....starting to notice some "Nutella effects" on my hips haha. And I've also been trying to play violin more....things aren't too bad. Although I'm really missing home right now because it's close to Christmas and all but it's not nearly as bad as I thought it would be really. Anyways...so since I don't really have much to write about I'll recount some of the things that happened when I first came here.
1) So we were all at the dinner table and this was maybe a few weeks after I arrived at my new home...and we were eating dinner happily and I meant to say that I like bread in Italian. But I didn't know how to say bread in Italian so I just said bread in french...which is pain. But the way it's pronounced in french means another word in Italian. So instead of saying "I like bread" what I really said was" I like penis." ......................there was a silence as everyone stopped chewing and a fork clattered onto a plate and food was falling out of everyone's mouths. And I looked around wide-eyed and said, "What?" And then it was explained to me. I'm pretty sure my ears almost burned off hahaha.
2)I remember thinking when I first came here how I feel like Gandalf when he's in Bilbo's house. Because we live above the store and so the ceiling is also the roof....so it slopes down nice and low at certain points of the house. And in the bathroom in my room I have to duck to get in the door and almost crawl to the toilet and then I'm sitting on it curled in a ball and then I stand up and hit my head and hobble over to the sink. Every day. And I have to duck to go in the other bathroom and I have to duck to go into the kitchen. And then there's a room where the freezer is and when I go in I'm basically bent at a 90 degree angle and then I try and open the freezer but the lid can't open all the way so I'm bent over the freezer like a cripple and the lid falls on my head and...wow it's ridiculous haha. Just thought I'd share that.
Ok so thats enough for now I've lost the attention span so I guess I'll write more later...ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment